The PR profile series explores the definitions of PR by simply asking PR professionals from different industries around the globe to complete 10 sentences.
This month we asked Hamburg-based Lan Anh to share her thoughts with us.
1. Public relations is…the art of creating trusting relations and reputation with the means of imagery and storytelling. I strive to master this art by designing outstanding PR strategies and ideas.
2. Public relations is not… advertising.
3. I work in PR because… I enjoy working with creative people.
4. My work essentials consist of… an old school notebook and my laptop.
5. I’m really good at... media and influencer relations.
6. I wish I was better at… writing.
7. In five years time I’m going to be… a press officer.
8. I wake up in the morning because… I like the feeling of being productive.
9. I’m currently listening to… Bruno Mars.
10. My words of wisdom are… from Norman Vincent Peale: "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
Lan Anh Nguyen is an Assistant Account Executive at Edelman.ergo, a leading global communications marketing company. She has a degree in Communication Management from the University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Hanover. At the age of 23, she was the youngest participant in PR Report's #30u30competition, an initiative for upcoming talents in the industry. Her work focuses on content marketing, media and press relations, online strategy, alongside social media and blogger relations. Her expertise lies in network theories and narrative branding.